Happy Monday to you all! I have a few miscellaneous, but awesome, things to share:
- My Yoga Works promo on 100LayerCakelet.com – 100LayerCakelet.com is a wonderful family blog full of gorgeous photos, ingenious DIY’s (not that I ever do any of them), and beautiful inspiration for the whole fam. The team also has a fabulous wedding blog (100LayerCake.com) that cannot be beat. If you haven’t ever checked them out, you really should. Anyways, the mamas at 100LayerCake/let recently tried out My Yoga Works, YogaWorks’ new online studio. They are offering 100LayerCake/let readers a free 6-week trial! Jump on over to 100LayerCakelet.com for the promo code.
- New workouts from Tone It Up – Tone It Up’s Love Your Body Series wraps up this week. (Check this out if you’re not up to speed.) Throughout the 6-week challenge, Tone It Up released a new workout each week. My favorites are the Total Body and HIIT routines. Try this 60 minute combo: do the HIIT workout 2x’s through and finish it off with the Total Body circuit. You can find all the Tone It Up routines on the TIU YouTube channel.
- For the LOVE of YOGA February – Ekam Yoga in Newport Beach is doing an awesome giveaway. (They’re a beautiful new yoga studio on PCH and at the top of my list of places I want to down-dog.) The grand prize is one year of yoga at Ekam (!!!!) or an awesome bunch of yoga treats for those who aren’t in the area. Additionally, there are other great prizes available too. To enter, you must tell your love story with yoga on their website here. The other entries are great reading – there are so many different reasons to love yoga!
- Beetbox – Beets (as in the veggie) are great for you – they’re a great source of antioxidants, anti-inflamants, and they’re detoxifying. So, I love them. But, I also hate them. Have you seen the mess they make of fingers, countertops, cutting boards, toddlers. Not cool. I made a quinoa tabbouleh salad yesterday that called for beets. So, I bit the bullet and brought some home from the grocery store. Thank’s to the good folks at Trader Joe’s, they sell them peeled and cooked! Well done, fellas!
- 9 Stylish Workout Pants Under $40 – WellandGoodNYC.com is a healthy living blog. Some articles and features are NYC focused, but many are applicable to even us West Coasters. They recently did a roundup of stylish workout pants that are under $40 (as opposed to the arm and a leg we most often pay). I haven’t tried any of them out, so I am still skeptical. Stylish? Yes. Flattering? Maybe. Durable? Doubtful. I did just score a pair of stylish leggings with a good fit at the Nike store for $50, though. So, I guess $40 isn’t that unbelievable. #cynic
- Sleepless in Toddlerville – My oldest toddler is 33 months. Ha! Kidding, she is 2 years old. Anyways, she is dropping her nap. I’m working on how to carve out solo time for both she and I in the afternoons. My first attempt of leaving her in my room for “quiet time” over the weekend was a total mess. Mascara + bronzer + toddler = FAIL!! Any tips from moms who have finished the good fight on this one are welcome.