I know what you’re thinking, “you had me at cold peanut noodle”. This dish has big flavor, but doesn’t require ingredients beyond what you (likely) have in your kitchen. It’s protein packed, full of veggies and is almost better the second day. Hello, leftovers!
Cold Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy salted)
- approx 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- approx 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- approx 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- approx 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- water, 1/2 cup or whatever to get desired consistency
- 8 oz of brown rice pad thai or brown rice linguini noodles (or whatever type noodles you prefer)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound of cooked chicken
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- cilantro, scallions and jalapeño for garnish (optional, but highly recommended)
- Cook the noodles according to directions on the package. Rinse the noodles in cold water, drain and let them cool.
- Blend the following ingredients to make the peanut sauce: peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, syrup, ginger and water. Add water as needed to get the desired consistency/thickness.
- Slice the bell peppers, cucumbers and chicken.
- Toss the noodles in the peanut sauce until they are all covered.
- Add in the veggies and chicken. Then add more sauce and mix until all ingredients are covered in sauce.
- Chill until the salad is cold.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped scallions and jalapeño.
Have a great Easter weekend, Friends!
Peace and Love,