Hello Day Cakes are a staple in our house. The Fam loves them so much that we eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. For breakfast, Hello Day Cakes are the only suitable substitute for my true love, oatmeal. They’re protein packed, flour free, and deeeeeelicious.
Here is the recipe-ish… I’m not one for measurement and precision in the kitchen (especially first thing in the morning), but this should get you there.
Hello Day Cakes
Makes 12 – 16 small pancakes
- 2 cup of oats
- About ¼ cup of almond meal
- Dash of cinnamon, to taste (I use approximately 1 tsp.)
- About 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Toss all ingredients into a blender. For the blender’s sake, I go in this order: almond milk, eggs, egg whites, bananas, vanilla, oats, almond meal, cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil (or your oil of preference) and heat it to low/medium.
- Cook those suckers slow and low.
- Finish with your favorite topping. If you go for syrup, use the real deal, of course.