This here’s an oldie, but a goodie. I posted this pancake recipe on Hello Day a few years back, so if you’ve bee here long enough, these are probably on repeat in your kitchen too. These cakes have been so good to me and my family. They’re my go-to breakfast (sometimes dinner) recipe when I’m looking to stoke the family out. They’re flour-free, loaded with protein and super easy to whip up in a blender.
Here is the recipe-ish… I’m not one for measurement and precision in the kitchen (especially first thing in the morning), but this should get you there.
Makes 12 – 16 small pancakes
- 2 cup of oats
- About ¼ cup of almond meal
- Dash of cinnamon, to taste (I use approximately 1 tsp.)
- About 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 2 – 3 bananas, depending on size
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Toss all ingredients into a blender. If you’re using a lower powered blender, I suggest loading it in this order: almond milk, coconut oil, eggs, egg whites, bananas, vanilla, oats, almond meal, cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil (or your oil of preference) and heat it to low/medium.
- Cook those suckers slow and low.
- Finish with your favorite topping. If you go for syrup, use the real deal, of course.