Summertime snacks are a big thing in my house. We’re on the go and adventuring every awesome day and my on-the-go snack game has to be dialed. For the sake of the whole family. Lately, I’ve been relying huge on 2 things: 1) hardboiled eggs and 2) these little, homemade snacks that my kids call “those balls”. (I may or may not have a straight face right now.)
“Those balls”, which I will henceforth call “Protein Snack Bites”, are loaded with fat, protein, superfoods and some chocolate, for good measure. We all love the taste and I love that it actually provides good energy between meals. The ingredient list is simple and the process doesn’t require lots of chopping or prep. And the key to adding a boost of superfoods is using Amazing Grass’s Protein SuperFood. Amazing Grass Protein SuperFood contains a unique blend of USDA Organic pea, hemp, chia and quinoa, delivering 20g of complete plant-based protein per serving plus 7 alkalizing organic greens and two-full servings of wholesome fruits and vegetables. plant-based protein, farm fresh greens and nutrient-dense fruits and veggies. It’s vegan, non-GMO and gluten free. A great match for those of use who are looking for a high quality, plant-based protein powder.
The trouble I have is keeping the freezer stocked with them. They go quickly, so it’s a good thing they’re easy to whip up.
Protein Snack Bites
- 1 scoop of Amazing Grass chocolate peanut butter protein superfood
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp agave (organic)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine these ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor (I use my Vitamix): garbanzo beans, agave, maple syrup and vanilla. It’s pretty thick, so stop the blender every so often and stir the contents up.
- Transfer to a bowl and add in the protein powder. Stir until combined well.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix it up.
- Using your hands, create little balls with the dough. The size is up to you. I prefer to make small, snack sizes that take 3-5 bites to eat. And at that size, the recipe yielded 20 balls.
- Stick in freezer and store there until you’re ready to eat.
Amazing Grass is going to gift one of you lucky readers a container of Protein Superfood. You can choose between the three flavors: Chocolate Peanut Butter (amazing!!), Vanilla (delish!) and Original (I have not tried this one). To enter the contest to win, comment on Instagram and tag a friend. A few rules: you must live in the US (for shipping purposes) and must follow @hellodayblog on Instagram.
Also, Amazing Grass is offering a 40% discount to y’all! Enter this code to get 40% any purchase in their online store:40SWEATPINK2
Best of luck to you in the Amazing Grass giveaway!