Healthy grab-and-go food on hand is key to maintaining a clean eating habit. I like having little snacks that can be eaten at home or on the go. These muffins are a delicious bite morning, noon or night and they travel well.
My whole family loves them as much as I do… which means less for me, but such is life.
Make My Day (or night) Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tbs cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt (probably less than 1/2 tsp)
- approximately 1/2 cup of shredded (unsweetened) coconut
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (totally optional, highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients together in a large bowl. I used my handheld blender to create a smooth consistency in the batter.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon mixture to the wet mixture and mix.
- Pour the batter into muffin tin lined with muffin liners.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and add a few (3 or 4) chocolate chips to the top of each muffin.
- Continue to bake the muffins for 15 more minutes, or until cooked through.
I find they keep best in the refrigerator.
Do you have any healthy bite tips to share?