I recently discovered that although I’ve been pregnant before, I’m terrible at identifying actual signs of pregnancy. So, I put together a little quiz for anyone who needs some help in that department. I suggest reviewing this list every 28 days or so, or before cracking a bottle of champagne.
Quiz: You know you’re pregnant when…
Instructions: review the list of questions below, answering YES or NO for each.
- Do you dry heave over the smell of coffee in the morning?
- Do you fall asleep throughout the day in awkward positions and unexpected places?
- Do you have to ask those around you for a head’s up when they fart so you can leave the room?
- Do you have the constant sensation of being hung over while on a rough, deep sea fishing excursion?
- Do your children ask you to get off the couch/bed/floor 20+ times per day?
- Do you consider s-a-l-a-d a four letter word?
- When asked, “Whose your best friend?” is your response: Quesadilla-and-Pillow?
- Do you find yourself vomiting one minute and scarfing bagels with cream cheese the next?
- Do your enlarged breasts roar in pain every time you’re hugged?
- Do you keep telling your friends how you’re done having babies?
- Bonus: Have you missed your period? (P.S. Think hard about this one. Sometimes that little detail can fly under your radar for weeks. Especially if you answered “yes” to questions 1-8.)
Understanding the Results:
- If you answered YES to any of questions 1 – 10: you’re either pregnant or high maintenance
- If you answered YES to question 11: you’re very likely pregnant
- If you answered YES to questions 1 – 11: you’re 100% SO VERY PREGNANT
I took the quiz (and two pregnancy tests)…
My Results: 100% SO VERY PREGNANT.
Wow. For several weeks I thought I was just struggling with Influenza A, the stomach bug, a sinus infection and general laziness. I felt like this…
I was down in the dumps about my lack of energy, constant illness and incessant napping. I chocked it up to the winter blues or a (very long) string of off-days. But, thanks to my experienced husband, we were able to make the connection and identify my pregnancy. Props to you, Isaac.
Back to my results… I had many reactions to our sudden shift in plans. My feelings ran the gamut of “NO. This cannot be!!!” to “OMG I love chunky baby thighs!!” And at the end of an emotional week, I decided to surrender to the surprise. The divine surprise.
Just when I think that I’m on the brink of a new adventure, a fateful wrench flies into the schedule and knocks me
up off my feet. It’s a recalibration, a reminder that my plans for the future aren’t grand, scary or full enough. A life twist. A divine surprise.
Our family of four is so excited to welcome this new person into the world in October! Our future is even brighter knowing that we’ll be sharing it with this little one.