Second breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. It’s like a second chance at first breakfast, and I love first breakfast.
In my kitchen, first breakfast is usually over by 7:15, and second breakfast timeframe is 9:15 – 10:30ish. At which point I am so hungry I could eat just about anything. My favorite second breakfast meal is this: toasted Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread topped with almond butter, sliced banana, and a sprinkle of KIND Cinnamon Oat Clusters on top. I have been eating this for years and it never gets old.
There are a few things that make this the perfect second breakfast for me:
- It pairs perfectly with second coffee.
- It is a balanced meal of carbs, healthy fat, and protein. The body needs all of these things early in the day.
- Often times I eat second breakfast right after some sort of morning workout activity. It’s a good post workout meal because the grains and nuts combine to create a complete protein.
- It is sweet and totally satisfying. (I feel most satisfied when my meals contain some sort of grain.)
- For some unknown reason, my kids don’t ask for bites of my miracle toast… which means I get it all to myself. Stingy mom.