Thirty two and living happy

Well guys, today is my birthday. I am 32 years old and happier than a clam. Really, I have never been so happy in my life! I feel more confident in myself (both my strengths and weaknesses), grateful for my responsibilities, and blessed by the people I share life with than ever before.

H A P P Y

Here are some of the highlights from my 32nd year:

Favorite Place: Australia. Isaac, the girls, and I visited some of our closest friends who were temporarily living in Jan Juc. They’re back now (yay!!), but we managed to spend two weeks with them before they returned to Cali. It was such a special adventure for our family, a memorable time with friends, and gorgeous place to be.

IMG_2656

After 35 hours of travel, we made it!

Magiclands on Philips Island

Magiclands on Philips Island

Biggest Challenge: Finding a way to fit everything I was committed to into my daily life as a working mom. That was both a challenge and a victory (because I managed to do it)… but it’s now a relief (because I don’t have to do it anymore).

Most Memorable Run: I ran a trail race in April with some of my closest girl friends. It was a significant run for me – I felt like the five miles moved me closer to being who I was meant to be. Isn’t running cool like that? I talk more about it here (in my first post ever).

Pre race jitters

Pre race jitters

Most Life Changing: It’s a toss up between Nike Training Club and a pair of printed denim jeans I picked up while in Australia.

Greatest Victory: In August I left my career to spend my days with the Bodenettes (Reece & Vera). I have no doubt that, at least for now, I belong with them day in and day out. More about that here.

Best Time: When we were in Australia, Isaac and two of our great friends had a night without kids. We surfed at a perfect spot (i.e. picturesque with slow, small, long waves), changed in the parking lot and headed straight for a crowded pub. It was one of those times where the universe stopped moving long enough for us to enjoy the heck out of ourselves.

Headed out, without our 5 kids.

Headed out, without our 5 kids.

Point Road Night

Point Road Night

Best Laugh: It’s a three-way tie. First, there is the weekend that I spent with three of my lifelong friends at Tarranea. We laughed 90% of our waking hours. The other 10% were spent tearing up over our friendship.

IMG_4860

Then, there is a weekend in Santa Barbara with wonderful friends to celebrate a precious baby girl on the way. We laughed as we snuck booze into the Biltmore, laughed as we did ocean front tricks, and laughed as we discussed (very loudly) the most significant and inappropriate things over sushi.

IMG_0074

But, I think the biggest laughs are the joyful ones that come from spending my days with Reece and Vera. #sappymama

The Bodenettes

The Bodenettes

Biggest Surprise: This time last year, Hello Day wasn’t even a thought. I am surprised by the joy and fulfillment that I get from sharing myself with this community of people. Thank you. I hope it’s as good for you as it is for me.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  • Reply
    natjtan
    01/30/2014 at 4:43 pm

    Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

  • Leave a Reply