Well+Good, a wellness blog that I love to love, just published their 6th annual Wellness Trends Report. According to the wise, hip and bicoastal Well+Good Team, there are 13 trends worth watching. It’s interesting to see what makes their cut – for instance, activated charcoal as a detox tool. I have no words, because I have no idea… must be an NYC thang.
It inspired me to consider what’s trending in my own life right now. So, here’s 13 wellness trends that I’m carrying into 2015:
- Sleep. The past 3+ years have been full of a lot of things, but sleep has not been one of them. As Vera nears the 2 1/2 year mark, I am getting pretty excited about the full nights of sleep in my future. I’m talking 8 solid hours, guys. It’s not too much to ask! And I finally think I see the light at the end of this sleepy tunnel.
- Running. Sometimes it’s my jam and other times it’s my saving grace. Regardless, it will be a constant in 2015.
- Elimination diets are shit. They’re not THE shit, they are shit. I messed with Whole30 in summer of 2014 and it messed me up hard core. So, you can be sure there will be none of that crazy in 2015. If I even hint at the idea, smack me a hard one. Deal?I am going to eat my best. Because when I do, I feel my best. It’s pretty simple, in my case at least. So, I will stick to high quality, real, balanced food. Lots of veggies, fruit and protein. Some dairy. Some bread. Some wine. Even some cheese. Heck, I’m not going for the “flat belly diet” bullshit, I’m just aiming for a healthy, happy, balanced life.
- Racing, just for fun. In the winter of 2013, my gal pals and I ran a series of trail races called the OC Chili Winter Trail Run. It was so much fun and I’m thinking of signing up for 2015… I figure I kind of ought to, considering our post-race mugs are featured on the 2015 website.
- Keeping it real. I want authentic connection, so I will keep on being myself. Let’s be human together, okay?
- Yoga. Between Ekam Yoga and YogaGlo, I am one happy yogi. My practice is only a little over 1 year old, but I am very happy with the dimension it has added to my life and fitness.
- Nike Training Club+. Both the app and the NTC Live workouts. I’ve got my NTC and I looove it.
- I’m all about that core, ’bout that core… and booty. Really, us gals have a lot riding on our core, booty and hips included. A strong core is key to reducing injury, maintaining fitness and nailing fun yoga tricks after a few glasses of wine. It wasn’t until after my pregnancy with Vera that I turned my attention to strengthening my core. But, since then I have noticed a significant increase in my athleticism and reduction of injury. I will continue to strengthen my core with yoga and weight training in 2015.
- Laughter. It’s a must. I cannot do without it. And as long as Jimmy and Mindy are in my life, I am set.
- New Tunes. I have not added a new playlist to my Spotify account in months. 2015 calls for some new workout tunes! I promise to share them with y’all. Follow me (username: Natalie Claudon Bodenhamer) to listen.
- Half Marathon Training-Ish. Long runs on the weekend and we’ll see where that takes us.
- Nike Pro Bra. By “trending” I mean I have two and want more. Gosh, the fit is great – less armpit and back fat. Go tell it on the mountains! I have both the Classic and Indy. My eye is set on the Allure (for everyday wear) and the Classic Padded (just for fun, just for fun).
- Bone Broth? Nah, I’ll be honest. I don’t see myself even taking one sip of the stuff in 2015. I guess before I make such a declaration I should find out what the hell it even is. Then again, water, coffee, green juice and wine should do just fine.
And finally, my friends and family. Because, they will always be trending in my life. Always.Photo shot by Ryan Haack at Wolfcamp Studios in Costa Mesa, CA.