Have you ever tried riced cauliflower? Yeah, it’s good, huh? Well, have you ever tried to rice your own cauliflower? Yeah, it’s a pain in the blender, huh?
While I don’t like ricing my own cauliflower, I sure like adding it to meals – mainly at dinnertime. (I try and stay away from carbohydrates in the evening, but instead eat them earlier on in the day.) Well, Trader Joe’s sells organic riced cauliflower in the frozen section!! The trouble is, everyone and their mother (literally) are snatching this goodness up making this convenient option totally elusive most of the time. So, whenever I see it in stock at Trader Joe’s, I’m all, “Come to Mama, baby.” Which is how I ended up with 21 bags in my cart.
These babies have a dedicated drawer in my freezer and I whip them out whenever I need to add a little “rice” to the meal. It takes a few minutes on the stovetop to prep and could not be less of a pain in the ass. I spray a pan with olive oil spray and sauté the cauliflower, stirring every so often.
My favorite ways to use the cauliflower rice…
- Topped with a good veggie and chicken stir fry
- Topped with shredded chicken
- In the mix for stuffed bell peppers
- Topped with red or green lentils
Recipes to inspire…
- Asia Cauliflower Rice (via Nom Nom Paleo)
- Indian Style Cauliflower Rice (via Primal Palate)
- Fried Cauliflower Rice with Pineapple, Shrimp and Pork (via Primal Palate)
- Saffron Cauliflower Rice (via Against All Grain)
Have you tried cauliflower rice? What do you think?